Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Monitor image  (Read 2057 times)

Keeta

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Monitor image
    « on: March 19, 2019, 10:58:22 AM »
    Hello all I am just here to ask the tech savvy about my issue....what my problem is that I had a monitor die on me before and bought a new one easy enough...but the issue with this new one is that I can't look at it from an angle before the image....can't really word it right....fades....I think looking at it dead on is ok but the image obscures when I try looking at it from the right or when I am standing up or even lying on my bed playing my ps4 (on another tv) I like to grind levels on games on my ps4 while watching videos on my computer but can't do that any more with this monitor because the image is shoddy from an angle my old monitor (which was a crappy old hp hand me down one) was perfectly ok I could look at it from any angle to bother, h I'm rambling anyhow I was wondering is there a way to sorry it via messing with settings or will I have to find a new monitor to be able to game and watch videos again? oh! and if a new monitor is needed what would I have to look for in a new monitor to avoid this issue repeating, I'm sorry about grammar my not being able to explain it properly and all that not very literate or tech savvy

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Monitor image
    « Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 01:20:09 PM »
    What you're finding is generally down to the monitor using a cheap LCD panel, there's nothing you can really do to improve it unfortunately.  When looking at monitors, there are a couple of main types of panels - "TN" is the cheapest type and is likely what you have, they can sometimes have decent viewing angles but other times they can be really poor which is what you're experiencing.  The other type is "IPS" which is more expensive but has better colour accuracy and more importantly - much better viewing angles.  If viewing angles are important, you're safer looking at IPS monitors or, if you're looking at TN ones, avoid the really cheap ones and check out reviews/tests to make sure the viewing angles will be acceptable.

Salmon Trout

Re: Monitor image
    « Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 03:18:06 PM »
    I'm sorry about grammar my not being able to explain it properly and all that not very literate or tech savvy

I thought you used excellent English and explained very well. I agree 100% with what Camerongray said. Avoid cheap displays, and try to see some monitors working, and move around them and look from all angles. That's what I did when I bought my monitor. Saw it in a computer store, compared with others, and then ordered it from Amazon.