Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: What about Wirelsss Mesch Netrwork?  (Read 3709 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
What about Wirelsss Mesch Netrwork?
« on: October 01, 2019, 12:47:13 PM »
From dictation.  :D
First of all, this is not about a problem. Rather this post is to bring up some information about what a mesh network is.
The idea of a mesh network is not new at all, but in the past it was very difficult to set up because of the need for lots of Ethernet cables all over the place.

Here are a couple of links to articles from the computer hope archetypes. The first is about what the term quote ad hoc means. As applied to a wireless network it is a form of a mesh network with its own custom-made protocol. They are actually some places for they are using such a ad hoc networks for use in schoolrooms.

https://www.computerhope.com/jargon/a/adhoc.htm

1. A Latin phrase that means "for this," ad hoc is anything designed for a single purpose at hand, rather than being well-formed or planned.

2. When referring to networking, an ad hoc network is a wireless network that features self-configuration and the potential for each wireless node to dynamic forward and receive data. In other words, devices connect on the fly, to share data between them without needing a network router, network switch or other network equipment to create the network. The devices themselves act as the network equipment, creating a network between them.

Next link below is an explanation on what a mesh network is. This is a very brief short article about what it is. What you need to know is that mesh rhymes with the word mess. Trying to do a mesh network by yourself without any help is going to be a tough one. Well, I could be wrong. In fact I will confess that I have had no experience with real mesh networks. I have always done things the other way.

https://www.computerhope.com/jargon/m/mesh.htm
Updated: 11/13/2018 by Computer Hope
Mesh topology
A network setup where each computer and network device is interconnected with one another, allowing for most transmissions to be distributed even if one of the connections go down. It is a topology commonly used for wireless networks. Below is a visual example of a simple computer setup on a network using a mesh topology.

So any of you out there that have had experience, please use this thread as a starting point for sharing your experiences and ideas about mesh networking.
Google and many others are making wireless mesh networking more popular with lower-cost equipment that can be used even in your household environment. Up to now, the cost of equipment is been rather expensive.
So, what kind of experience that you had with mesh networks?   :)