Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: booting problem  (Read 9170 times)

ernzky23

booting problem
« on: January 20, 2006, 06:52:45 AM »
hi gud day: i have a celeron(R) CPU 2.40GHz 2.39GHz, 224 MB of RAM... sometimes my computer will not boot, no display on the screen but the cpu is running and i heard a one long beep and followed of many short beeps...when i remove all the components and placed it again.. sometimes it runs but sometimes its not. what is the posible cause of this...?? i think this is not a memory failure..

thaks 4 advance....

woahthere

Re:  booting problem
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 07:58:46 AM »
not enuff power

royphil345

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 09:21:28 AM »
Count how many short beeps, look up the beep codes for your BIOS on the internet and you'll have your answer.

Peccavi

Adviser

• Hope Helps!
    « Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 12:56:26 PM »
    ...when i remove all the components and placed it again.. sometimes it runs but sometimes its not.
    Don't play with them. Place them firmly at last. This is the reason for most cases...Memory issue can pretty cause it.

Computer Hope: Rise of the Machines!

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006, 02:47:21 PM »
    Take it to a shop. Quickly.  ;)

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #5 on: January 20, 2006, 03:28:38 PM »
    Make sure that your RAM stick(s) are firmly and correctly seated. Scan for viruses as well... This could be an overheating issue as well... Make sure that your fans are clean and working properly... Also, you always ground the static electricity from your hands before touching any components inside the case, right?

Flame