Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Corrupted BIOS failure after cleaning laptop  (Read 1973 times)

Alien Athlete

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Corrupted BIOS failure after cleaning laptop
    « on: January 15, 2020, 12:30:36 AM »
    Hello everyone,

I have an HP Pavilion g6, model g6-2057ca, running Windows 7 (64-bit), and I use it with an external screen because its display is broken. About a month ago, I opened it to clean the fan as I do periodically and have done for years since I have it. However, when I tried to start it, I had no video and realized the caps lock Led blinked twice periodically.

I searched online and read it is due to a corrupted BIOS. I used windows and V keys to enter the BIOS update options, as I read online, it entered the options but I still had no video and couldn't do anything. I tried HDMI and VGA, but none worked. I searched online to see if I could find a key combination to do this blindly, but found nothing, just some people trying to find the same key combination without success.

After posting in the HP community forums, I received a response from one of the support agents telling me to get an external monitor and see if it works, like they didn't even read what I wrote.

I opened the laptop again to see if I left something unconnected but everything was okay, I just touched all the connectors to make sure . Nonetheless, it started normally without a problem and hasn't failed again. I'd like to know:

- The video output via HDMI or VGA is given by the OS, right? Is that why I can't get it when entering the BIOS update?

- Could a false connection have caused this? Or should I be concerned about the next cleaning (which is overdue now)?

- In case this happens again, does anyone know about the key combination to restore it?

Thanks in advance.