Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need a help  (Read 5632 times)

Larsen9

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Need a help
    « on: February 01, 2020, 05:05:51 AM »
    Hi everyone!

My PC accompanied win8, at that point I did the free move up to win10. Be that as it may, I am highly involved with replaceing the awful drive in my workstation with another 250gb ssd drive. here is the issue.

Where do I download win10 from microsoft for nothing for my new drive since I had all prepared paid for win8? be that as it may, the drive with win8 is awful. Im sort of stuck.

Thanks in advance.
    vjhvv

jbubb

Intermediate
      • Experience: Familiar
      Re: Need a help
      « Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 08:47:22 PM »
      When I had windows 8, I think I had to upgrade to 8.1 before downloading Windows 10. I'm not sure if that's necessary but to get a windows 10 now a days, you have to use a search engine and do it on the sly so to speak. The free download of 10 ended a while back but I was still able to get it just last year I believe. I'll help you take a look for it and get back to you if someone else doesn't do it first.

See if this helps, you have to read a bit to find the download part.
      https://www.extremetech.com/computing/260524-download-windows-10-free

strollin

Adviser
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 05:25:17 AM »
      You needn't do anything "on the sly", Windows 10 upgrade is still free to download and install from Microsoft.  As long as you have a valid Win 7 or Win 8 license key you can enter it when prompted and Windows 10 will be activated.

Here's the link to download from Microsoft: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

jbubb

Intermediate
        • Experience: Familiar
        « Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 10:19:04 AM »
        Just trying to help, everywhere I visited, it said Microsoft had limited its free update period but directed one to where it could still be installed. That's why I said on the sly because that's what seemed like the message they were trying to get across. Looks like your find is easier so kudos for you and the OP.