Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Bose Headphones No Longer Work. Neither Does New One  (Read 6904 times)

David92506

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Bose Headphones No Longer Work. Neither Does New One
    « on: June 28, 2020, 06:57:14 PM »
    I have an expensive Bose Headphones that I have been using on my notebook computer for many years.
    Just recently it stopped working correctly.  I only get a muffled sound.
    I have two other computers (All Windows 10) that I tried it on and it only produced a muffled sound.
    I reasoned that it stopped working so I bought a new expensive Bose Headphone.
    I couldn't get this one to work on all 3 of my computers.
    On my notebook PC, I reset it to factory condition and it still won't work.
    So I returned the Bose Headphones and I bought a cheap set of Headphones.
    It will work on none of my computers!
    What is going on?

AndyFergo

Rookie

• Experience: Expert
      Re: Bose Headphones No Longer Work. Neither Does New One
      « Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 10:22:16 PM »
      Hi david. Are these being connected via bluetooth or the headphone jack port? And if you have an android or apple phone have you confirmed the new cheaper headphones actually work using either of those devices?

David92506

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 12:44:46 AM »
        @AndyFergo
        Thank you for replying!
        I'm not interested in connecting in Bluetooth so I turn it off and connect via headphone jack port.  However, I just get a muffled sound. 
        When I bought the $49 JVC headset I turn off Bluetooth and connect via headphone jack port but just get muffled sound on all three computers.
        However, when I connect the 3 computers to my Bose - Companion 20 Multimedia Speaker System (2-Piece) they all work fine.

AndyFergo

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 12:53:02 AM »
          Hi david. I just found it odd that all 3 computers seem to share to exact issue. Makes me think either all 3 pcs are identical makes and models, or all 3 have the same onboard sound modules or sound cards, or the exact same operating system, im just trying to work out if all 3 systems share an exact similarity when it comes to sound output otherwise i come to the conclusion the the new headphones are defective. Have these headphones been tested in anything other than your 3 pcs and found to be in good working order, and can you confirm that not all 3 pcs share the same operating system or make/model?

David92506

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 01:17:54 AM »
            @AndyFergo
            Thank you for replying! 
            I have 4 attachments to show what I'm currently using.
            My 3 computers and my Bose companion speakers.

I'm not allowed to have any more attachments, but I have a picture of the Bose headphones that I returned and the current JVC headphones that I'm going to return tomorrow.

These headphones have not been tested in anything else but my 3 computers.  I have nothing else to use them in.

I just don't understand that just a few days ago my old Bose headphone stopped working.  I assumed it just went bad.  But then the new one wouldn't work either.
            BestBuy Geek desk isn't open due to the store only offering Curbside Pickup.  So I'm unable to bring in my notebook PC, which is still under warranty, and the new Bose headphones and say, "fix it."

AndyFergo

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2020, 01:22:56 AM »
              Hi david. Would it be possible for you to test both headphones in a tv for example? Almost all tvs have a 2.5mm headphone jack. Let me know if both or even the new ones sound muffled as they did on all 3 systems. If you have no access to a tv just let me know and i can suggest other options.

David92506

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2020, 01:30:44 AM »
                I don't have a TV set.
                The JVC headphone cord has a small USB on one end and a regular USB on the other end.
                My cell phone doesn't have a regular USB on it.  Only the circular option.
                I suppose I could purchase a cord on BestBuy that has a cord with a small USB on one end and a post/stickjack (I don't know what to call it.) on the other end.
                But this is too much work for a cheap headphone!

AndyFergo

Rookie

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2020, 01:37:36 AM »
                  I have sent you a private message david.