Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I am no longer able to right-click on images to save them to my hard drive  (Read 4676 times)

lonelyheroine

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    I am running Windows 10 and using a refurbished Acer computer I've had for six weeks. I have been using a computer to access the Internet for 25 years. For the first time in the last 25 years, I am suddenly unable to use my mouse in order to right-click on a picture file and save it to my hard drive. This happened yesterday (August 1st 2020). I tried changing the batteries in my mouse, rebooting, but this function has been disabled somehow. I have several blogs and use photos I garner from various online sources to post on said blogs. It's just a matter of right-clicking and a window appears with several ways of saving these files. I always choose "Save as" whenever possible, click on the phrase and voila: The pictures are stored in folders on my hard drive to be accessed when needed. I use most of these saved files as a screensaver as well.

There doesn't appear to be any reason why I am suddenly unable to perform this basic function. I don't use any watermarked photos or copyright items and as far as I know, the rules haven't suddenly changed overnight. Does anyone here have any explanation or have encountered the same issue? I have had no luck in other similar forums.

Thank you in advance.

strollin

Adviser
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Did you try a different mouse?

steve17

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: I am no longer able to right-click on images to save them to my hard drive
      « Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 04:49:06 AM »
      Have you found a solution to your problem? I have a similar thing on my pc since a couple of days...