Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Monitor turns off.  (Read 2337 times)

wolfiefish

Monitor turns off.
« on: January 29, 2006, 04:28:58 PM »
Hello people, can someone help.
My p.c has just started going all funny.
1 - The monitor. (A Daewoo LCD screen 17inch) will turn just turn off on it's own. And then a box will appear saying "No Signal".
The green light turns to orange and thats it.
A reboot will sort it out until it happens again. Don't know how long it will be until it happens again.
I have windows X.P
AGP graphics card.
It's an oldish computer.
Could it be a Graphics card problem as the monitor is only 4 months old and there is life there when it all goes black.

Computer_Commando

Re: Monitor turns off.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 04:51:57 PM »
...Could it be a Graphics card problem as the monitor is only 4 months old and there is life there when it all goes black.
Probably graphics cardd.  Maybe overheating, somewhere else.  Check for good cpu fan seating.

wolfiefish

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 10:24:51 AM »
I have an Athlon chip,  probably about 6 years old. So it could be overheating.
The graphics card isn't a good one I know that.

How do you know my isp and is that number my isp address?
How did you know that?

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 02:06:37 PM »
Also check for good graphics card seating. Remove and firmly reseat in the socket. Double check for a snug connection to the monitor.

(P.S. Everyone sees their own IP address. We don't see yours!)

fryerman

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 04:58:31 PM »
I had that problem one day. it took me off guard. it happened after Battlefield 2 did some crtazy stuff with my video settings, therefore changing some things that I didn't want to be changed. Next time i loaded the computer, it freaked out. I had to go into the computer in safe mode (by holding F8 or F5 during the loading) and that allowed me to roll back the video drivers. I can't remember exactly what brought it back. I think i uninstalled Battlefield 2, too. But going in through safe mode was what saved me.