Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Startup and Icons  (Read 14752 times)

Ladywiz

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Startup and Icons
« on: March 15, 2004, 12:10:22 AM »
Can you tell me what is going on with my computer? When i boot up the pc, my programs won't load, but the clock is there and the system is busy. I can't click on anything. It will stay like that until i improperly shut down the pc, then reboot and it scans disk. After it scans disk everything is ok, until the next time it happens. Sometimes i can boot up the pc and it boots up ok. But this happens everyday, sometimes 3 times a day. Also, all my icons on desktop will turn white. Today they turned black when i moved the mouse over any one of them. I have now noticed that my icons on Internet Explorer have gone haywire. Some are black and some have color in them. I scanned the pc for viruses and have none. I have Windows ME and i recently installed more memory, but i had these problems before i installed the memory. Please help in any way you can.

Thanks. Lady~

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Startup and Icons
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 12:21:41 PM »
Ladywiz,

Unfortunately these types of errors that contain no error messages or additional information to why they are occurring can be difficult to troubleshoot. Therefore as a first good step to help identify the problem and/or resolve the problem we recommend you try the recommendations in our Windows ME basic troubleshooting section, found in the below link.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chwinme.htm
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein