Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No display on the monitor after a new motherboard installation  (Read 2470 times)

gozonablat

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    About a week ago I had my homebuilt computer suddenly die while it was up and running.  I have pretty much determined that the motherboard failed and I have purchased a replacement.  I installed it today and everything went fine but when I turned on the power everything appeared to start up and run normally but I'm not getting anything up on the display.  So.....what gives??  I do not use a separate graphics card and the graphics display is handled by the CPU which is an Intel Core i5-6500 Skylake Quad-Core 3.2 GHz  LGA 1151 65W Intel HD Graphics 530.  I'm wondering if something in the CPU that handles the graphics has failed.  Or maybe the whole CPU has failed.  I can't tell what's going on because I can't see anything up on the display.  Does anybody have any suggestions??  I'd like to try to troubleshoot this problem before I go and spend a bunch of $$$ purchasing a new CPU.