Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sound disappeared  (Read 3523 times)

debby

Topic Starter

Hopeful

Sound disappeared
    « on: May 04, 2021, 01:23:19 PM »
    I'm running Windows 10, have had no problems with my speakers until about two hours ago.  This morning they were working fine, then we moved my desk out and accidentally disconnected the speaker wire. We didn't realize it until I tried to use the computer and noticed it.  We plugged it back in and the little icon in lower right corner has an x on it and says no headphones or speakers are plugged in.  I did a troubleshoot on my own, found nothing, then did a Microsoft scan and they say everything is fine.  I'm sure there is a place where some sound thingy box needs to be checked, but I'm at a loss at what to do.  Anything else I can check?  I can't believe my speakers just stopped out of the blue when they were unplugged for a few minutes. Thanks!

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Sound disappeared
    « Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 04:21:31 PM »
    What plug are they in ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

debby

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2021, 05:03:56 PM »
      Oh Patio, I thought I was the dumb one around the house with the computer.  After my husband left the room, I unplugged the speakers from the back of the computer and found he HAD plugged them into the wrong place.  He read he was supposed to plug them into the green plug and he had plugged them into the blue one. Reason being, he thought the green plug looked yellow.  I forgot he is somewhat color blind!  I'm all fixed now.  Thing is, we did try putting them into the different plugs and they would not work.  Don't know why they worked when I changed them because he said he'd plugged it into that plug. They just must have needed him to leave the room to work!!! Thank you so much for answering my stupid question!  Hope you are doing well!

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: May 09, 2021, 05:13:06 PM »
      There is no such thing as a stupid question...

Glad you are fixed up.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "