Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: What are these symbols called and what do they do?  (Read 23554 times)

BraiNfreeZe

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • Experience: Beginner
    What are these symbols called and what do they do?
    « on: December 17, 2021, 07:52:31 PM »
    When I am playing a video on my iPhone and I pause the video, I see this. What are these open circles with the arrow at one end? Are these refresh symbols? What do they do when you click on one? Thanks--

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Computer Hope
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: What are these symbols called and what do they do?
    « Reply #1 on: December 18, 2021, 12:12:43 AM »
    I'm not familiar with the player being used, and although that arrow is typically the arrow used for a refresh because there are two of them, I'd assume they are used to jump forward or back a few seconds in a video.

If this isn't the case, what is the video player or app you're using that shows these icons?
    Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    -Albert Einstein

BraiNfreeZe

Topic Starter

Rookie
      • Experience: Beginner
      Re: What are these symbols called and what do they do?
      « Reply #2 on: December 19, 2021, 07:32:55 AM »
      I'm not familiar with the player being used, and although that arrow is typically the arrow used for a refresh because there are two of them, I'd assume they are used to jump forward or back a few seconds in a video.

If this isn't the case, what is the video player or app you're using that shows these icons?

Thank you. You are correct. These are rewind and FF icons. The rewind seems to be 15/100 of a second and the FF seems to be 30/100 of a second.
      The video media player is from xFinity. Thanks again for your reply.