Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: speed  (Read 4434 times)

hmsam

Topic Starter

Beginner

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    speed
    « on: March 12, 2006, 11:22:13 PM »
    is there anything else to speed up xp ?

i have AdAware pro, eTrust PestPatrol, registry mechanic 5, system mechanic 6, ccleaner, easycleaner, hdcleaner, spybot, tweaknow regcleaner pro and eTrust antivirus. oh and winpatrol, spyblaster and secretmaker

pIII with 1ghz

i had nuts & bolts 98 with 98se with all above and it was faster.

i'm i missing anything?

reccommend to all

Peccavi

Adviser

• Hope Helps!
      Re: speed
      « Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 11:45:38 PM »
      i had nuts & bolts 98 with 98se with all above and it was faster.
      Of course it must be. Even 2000 would be faster. What about RAM? You have not enough CPU speed ofr XP. And you must have at least 256Mb Ram to work with. I have XP with 128 MB Ram but it works on the 1.5 GHz CPU. I think the better way of increasing your system to upgrade it to possible level.
      And plus remove some of the programs above. You have too many antimalware installed, which drastically reduces your speed. On the forums there are recommennded ones for you. Others are not necessary.
      « Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 11:47:52 PM by peccavi »
      Computer Hope: Rise of the Machines!

Soviet_Genius

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 08:19:16 AM »
      uhhhhhh that many antimalware programs are unneccesary and also the older versions of windows (9x, 3.x) are faster since they are made for slower machines and there are much less processes running at the same time as on XP

Backdated

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 12:40:08 PM »
      Personall, I would dump his lot:
      Registry Mechanic 5, System Mechanic 6, Easycleaner, Hdcleaner, Tweaknow Regcleaner pro, Winpatrol and Secretmaker.

This lot is not so much a recipe for disaster, but an all out nuking waiting to happen.