Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Trouble with BT wireless...  (Read 1897 times)

Queeneo

Trouble with BT wireless...
« on: March 15, 2006, 06:57:29 AM »
Hi all.

I have sorted my previous problem, or should I say my dad just installes windows again!!

The new problem we are having is connecting out BT wireless back on. Because everything has been whiped off we need to install the adapter again. The only problem is that it isnt working.

We have the little green siganl in the bottom, that before all this indicated that i was connected to the internet. But when we try to go onto internet explorer it doesnt work!

We have the wireless adapter. Im on the one downstairs now and the modem down here shows that all 3 lights are on (including local network which is mine upstairs!)

anyone any ideas...dad is going crazy trying to find what they problem is. We have unistalled and installed it about 3 times but nothing happens! We've been trying for 2 days now!!

Thanks all

Laura x

IT-Guy

Re: Trouble with BT wireless...
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 08:48:49 AM »
are you receiving an IP address?

Backdated

Re: Trouble with BT wireless...
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 03:44:38 PM »
What router are you using?
Did you set up encryption (WEP or WPA) last time? You should have! If so, you'll need to reset it. To do this you will need one wired connection unless you reset the router. You should really have one computer wired at all times.