Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: sony dvd-rw dw-d22a  (Read 2557 times)

woahthere

sony dvd-rw dw-d22a
« on: April 07, 2006, 06:09:04 AM »
so my good computer broke and i took out the dvd-r to put in my bros comp, i plugged it all in as usuall. turn on the comp and it auto installed it, but the dvd drive logo dont show up in my computer, the drive lights are on and it opens alright but i carnt see it on my computer or in itunes or anything, any ideas whats wrong with it?? TIA

IT-Guy

Re: sony dvd-rw dw-d22a
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 07:19:47 AM »
Is it just the "DVD" part that isn't showing up?  Or is the drive all together not showing up?  Have you checked Device manager and Disk management?  Did you install the DVD software on your pc?  Are the drivers good?  What have you tried?

woahthere

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 07:44:38 AM »
the drive all togethers not showing up, i dont have any cds for floppys for it because i took the drive out of a ready made comp

IT-Guy

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 07:46:18 AM »
if the drive isn't showing up at all.. then you should check the jumper to make sure it's set to cable select.

woahthere

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2006, 08:57:55 AM »
the jumpers set to master.. what should it be set to

woahthere

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2006, 03:21:18 AM »
anyone?

GX1_Man

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2006, 06:10:21 AM »
If it is the only drive on the secondary IDE (look how it's cable) it should be set to master 99% of the time. (Some Dells and others are different). If it is sharing the cable with another drive, and the other drive is set to master, this one should be set to slave.

Even though the lights come on and the drawer opens, this does not mean the drive is good. What kind of trauma hapened to the other computer it came from?