Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet Page size  (Read 2417 times)

ziggy15

Internet Page size
« on: April 16, 2006, 08:07:22 AM »
I'm sure this is a silly question, but it's been happening for years. I prefer message boards or links to open as a full page, and for months this works ok, then for some unknown reason they start opening as about 66% screen size. I can make them full size by clicking enlarge at top of page, and they will continue to open full size until I log off again, and then revert back to smaller size. I have no idea how to stop this or why it suddenly changes?
Any help from anyone at all would be really really appreciated, as I would like to stop this once and for all. I know it's only an extra step, but it's annoying. They don't even open on the same bit of the screen, can be anywhere from centred to more to the left or right!! HELP PLEASE

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Internet Page size
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 08:25:55 AM »
IE remembers the geometry of the LAST window you close.  So close all but one IE windows, then set the final window to the size you want, and close it.  Voila.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 08:28:48 AM »
    Open IE, stretch the boders out to full size with your mouse, close IE.
    Open IE, click the enlarge button, close IE, open IE.

ziggy15

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 08:50:48 AM »
    Many Thanks Guys, one or the other of these solutions seems to have worked. yippee. I've only been using the blessed machine since 1999! Amazing some of the stuff one doesn't know really. Believe it or not I can actually do enough other stuff, like with everything it's just a case of what you don't know, you don't know. Cheers. Steve.