Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CPU usage at 100%.  (Read 3016 times)

Mark

CPU usage at 100%.
« on: March 28, 2004, 10:45:14 PM »
My CPU usage is at 100% no matter what I'm doing. Is that how high it's suppose to be? Also when I turn off my computer, my power light and my network card lights keep flashing. Can anyone help me?

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: CPU usage at 100%.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 10:17:08 PM »
What version of Windows are you running? Have you tried booting safe mode and does the issue occur there? Can you run through the basic troubleshooting steps for your operating system found inthe below link.

http://www.computerhope.com/basic.htm
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

julie olson

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2004, 02:32:29 AM »
 :-[i have been dealing with this issue also.  i got a cpu off of ebay and sometimes when i use my connection manager on yahoo (dsl) it kicks it to 100% usage and goes to snail speed.  

i have had to redo the boot disks and relaod my windows program and my internet.

i know how frustrating this is.. good luck!!! :- ;)

daniello

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2004, 04:53:16 AM »
base on ur informaition and fr the point of my view

wat u can do is check the:
-windows task manager(ctr+alt+del)
-processer

from there u can c wat aplication is using the most resouces... try to close some off the application....