Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Weird Problem HELP  (Read 1904 times)

liamr44

Weird Problem HELP
« on: May 10, 2006, 08:31:45 AM »
Hi

im using a windows XP home edition computer and every now and then the keyboard cuts off and when pressing keys ther is a bleeping noise and also the mouse freezes.  At 1st i thought this was a hardware problem but wen i restarted the pc an error came up as the computer was rebooting that said "<Windows Root>\System32\Ntoskrnl.exe is missing or corrupt, please reinstall the file" but wen i restarted the pc agen it worked fine but then the same problem happend agen about 2 hours later so i used the system restore which wiped everything off the C: drive and restored factory settings but the problem still goes on i can only get about 3 - 4 hours sometimes much less of using the the computer before the problem starts. any 1 kno wots going on???? help!

Cheers Liam

Maksim

Hopeful
    Re: Weird Problem HELP
    « Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 10:43:09 AM »
    I had the same problem once the best solution would be is to repair the problem...... insert the Windows XP CD Home Edition into the CD drive and restart the computer ...BEFORE THE COMPUTER STARTS GET INTO THE BIOS it should say at the start up Press F10 or Press DEL to enter setup and go to the Boot Device Priority and set the CDROM to boot first and wait for the CD to boot and then the installation of win XP will pop up and it will ask you what do you want to do and then select "REPAIR" and after it is done restart the computer and take out the CD so it doesnt boot again Note: It will repair the missing system files only.... and it should work..Reply and tell us how it goes.... GOOD LUCK.