Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: bios settings  (Read 3839 times)

tmm5899

Topic Starter

Rookie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    bios settings
    « on: March 29, 2004, 02:56:35 PM »
    i have a computer that has a phoenix technologies bios how do iset the boot sequence what do i sdo i have hard drive ,cdrom drive and removable i also have a zip drive on my computer

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Computer Hope
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: bios settings
    « Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 07:02:51 PM »
    Unfortunately the way the BIOS is layed out varies by computer and motherboard manufacturer. However, commonly the Phoenix BIOS will have a boot section that a user can change their boot options in. Below is a link showing an exmaple of this screen.

http://www.computerhope.com/help/phoenix.htm
    Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    -Albert Einstein

briapes

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2004, 09:29:09 AM »
     There my be another way. There are places on the web that give complete information n every bios setting and what it does. Also you may need to up-date your bios. Contact the mother board manufacturer on line and download the update. Flash the bios and this may solve your problem.

merlin

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2004, 12:52:20 PM »
    to set boot sequence switch on pc hit the del key now you are in the bios scroll down using the arrow  down key to boot from hard drive cdrom etc and change the squence by using the arrow keys and just follow on screen instuctions to save and quit..normal boot sequence is floppy cdrom hardrive...
    « Last Edit: April 02, 2004, 12:53:41 PM by merlin »