Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: programs making computer crash  (Read 2646 times)

chrisscotland

programs making computer crash
« on: June 21, 2006, 05:32:59 AM »
when  irun games on my computer after 5 mins they lag up and then crash my computer.
its the same with videos in the 1st second they are jumpy and u can hear the voices are out of timing with their movements, and its is very choppy. any ideas?

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: programs making computer crash
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 06:06:02 AM »
chris, I'm going to post the link to your other forum topic here because I see them as being related: System Idle Process.  I think mention should be made here of the gist of your other topic, that you took your computer to a repair service after it was damaged by an electrical storm or power surge, and the power supply was replaced.  

I have a suspicion you either still have power supply issues or, even worse, the damage to your computer was more extensive than the power supply.  In other, perhaps your motherboard or other components sustained some damage but not enough to render it completely inoperable.  As far as I know, if computer components fail due to power surge damage, they are probably going to fail completely right after the power surge incident, but I'm not absolutely sure.  So, again, I wonder whether the final resolution of this is going to get more expensive for you.

Do you know the Wattage rating of the power supply they installed?  Do you the brand and model number?  Can you verify that the fan in the power supply is working?

GX1_Man

Re: programs making computer crash
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 05:05:46 PM »
And are we sure they are not heat related. Is gaming the thing that produces the crashes? Can you take off the side and blow a fan in there and game away for a while? Any difference at all? WHat kind of case fans do you have?