Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Adding RAM  (Read 1903 times)

muhelos

Adding RAM
« on: July 16, 2006, 10:35:28 PM »
I was hoping to improve my amount of RAM. At the moment i have 512Mb and would like to upgrade this, if I was to buy 1Gb, could i use both at the same time (for 1.5Gb) or would I only be able to use 1 at a time.

I'm guessing i could buy another 512Mb and use that with my current one or buy 2 1Gb and use 2 of those together instead.

GX1_Man

Re: Adding RAM
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 04:11:57 AM »
It all depends on your motherboard, and nothing else. If you post your MB make and model we could advise. The exact specs should be followed for compatibility. Speed alone is not enough.

www.crucial.com has a great reputation, good prices, fast delivery, a lifetime warranty and guaranteed compatibility.

What were you looking for other than that?

Newbie1974

Rookie
    « Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 05:04:41 AM »
    I rearranged the ram chips so the 1 gig is closest to the cpu and now everything works fine. The 64x8 is on the 512 chip.....oops. I gave you the wrong number. Its my ADD, yest thats it , my ADD :-[........thanks for the assistance

muhelos

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 06:09:14 AM »
    It all depends on your motherboard, and nothing else. If you post your MB make and model we could advise. The exact specs should be followed for compatibility. Speed alone is not enough.

www.crucial.com has a great reputation, good prices, fast delivery, a lifetime warranty and guaranteed compatibility.

What were you looking for other than that?

My motherboard is ASUS p4sp-mx.

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 09:50:08 AM »
    Glad you are all fixed up.  ;)