Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: File is missing  (Read 5208 times)

k_yurkiw

File is missing
« on: September 06, 2004, 11:02:13 PM »
I recently spent a day removing adware and spyware from my home office computer running on windows xp pro.  I went to internet explorer and found that my search option wouldnt let me use msn search. i searched on google and found a way to remove the search files but i made a mistake and deleted a vital file. When i start the computer it tells me that a file is missing that windows cannot run with out and it says to insert the setup cd rom and press r to try to repair on the first screen. I tried inserting the windows xp pro disc in but that did nothing.  i need to know what the setup disc is, or what i am doing wrong.  Any help would be greatly appriciated.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: File is missing
    « Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 11:26:38 PM »
    k_yurkiw......why dont you use the system restore feature of XP it's great .........click .....start/allprograms/accessories/system tools......then choose the system restore ......select the date of the day before you made the changes.....let it do its thing......when its finished your system will be restored the way it was ......but you will have to remove the Adware again .....

hope this helps

dl65  ???
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

merlin_2

Re: File is missing
    « Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 01:07:06 PM »