Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: installing a sony vaio lcd v505 dx  (Read 2464 times)

leslie711

installing a sony vaio lcd v505 dx
« on: July 15, 2006, 09:18:08 PM »
HI I need help installing a replacement screen for my sony vaio v505 dx. My problem is that when I was uninstalling the cracked old lcd, I ripped out two wires and I cant recall where they belong. The best i could do to describe them is that they are attached to a peice that goes behind the lcd. two carmel colored electronic tabs that are taped to the back of the lcd. One wire is black and the other grey. Please help.
                                         Sincerely,
                                           Leslie :(

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
    • Yes
    • Technology News and Information
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: installing a sony vaio lcd v505 dx
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 09:23:42 PM »
HI I need help installing a replacement screen for my sony vaio v505 dx. My problem is that when I was uninstalling the cracked old lcd, I ripped out two wires and I cant recall where they belong. The best i could do to describe them is that they are attached to a peice that goes behind the lcd. two carmel colored electronic tabs that are taped to the back of the lcd. One wire is black and the other grey. Please help.
                                         Sincerely,
                                           Leslie :(
Contact Sony support.
They may be able to give you a letter coded color diagram and tell you where its from.

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 09:48:42 PM »
Do it right or it could go in the trash bin. Had you ever replaced an LCD before?

leslie711

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 10:47:32 AM »
No I never installed one. First time my laptop hasn't been used for a year and i am trying to get it up and running.