Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless signal fade!  (Read 2214 times)

eng6res7

Wireless signal fade!
« on: August 04, 2006, 04:35:29 PM »
Hello,

I am looking to use my laptop on the grounds at work. I have a laptop with wireless. I loose the signle all of the time and the company won't put another antenna where it will help me. Is there anything I can get for the laptop itself that will enable me to pick up the signle any better. The boss says I don't spend a ton of time out there, but I beg to differ. I need to be connected all of the time.

Can anyone help me?????

Thanks,
ME! :-?

GX1_Man

Re: Wireless signal fade!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 05:48:50 PM »
The boss probably knows best, but you could talk to the IT guys. It shouldn't be up to you to fix it if it IS necessary (and we still haven't established that).  ;)

eng6res7

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 07:54:34 PM »
Well the IT guys sit on their asses and tell me it's not in the budget. All I want to know is, is there something out there that can help my situation? Some sort of antenna or booster that I can hook to my laptop that would make me be able to do my work on the grounds between buildings. I check chassis in for completeness from the factory, there is a lot of forms that i need to fill out, they are all on the laptop and the network. I'd rather not have to print a copy , do my checks then pring the hard copy back inside where the laptop connects just to transfer 10 pages of data.

See where I'm coming from, I'm trying to boost my productivity.

ME!

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 05:13:12 AM »