Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: URGENT: Extreme Display Problems  (Read 5112 times)

_Ace_

URGENT: Extreme Display Problems
« on: August 05, 2006, 02:05:17 AM »
I would reply to my other thread but i cant find it because my computer display is like  all covered is lines and squares and weird cubes,
its really really wierd, and it makes it impossible to read any text, so im hoping im typing OK believe it or not this is the computer hope forums:

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/9051/computer2ts5.jpg

help really bad! i think its got something to do my graphics card .

Help, urgent, pelase :)
Thanks,

note: i couldnt post under the old thread where my video's wouldnt display proiperly, because my computer display is in no way able to search through text (it looks allblured and coloured cubes around it)

~Ace

GX1_Man

Re: URGENT: Extreme Display Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 05:24:30 AM »
It would be nice to have a little info about the hardware with the problem. The advice would certainly differ if this were a laptop vs. a desktop, etc. It's unrealistic to expect us to go digging for the the info through old posts, if it exists there, so we will await your input.

It looks like a graphics adapter problem but history and hardware info is important.

Fuse

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 04:01:59 PM »
This happened with a Radeon 9800 Pro I had (because it overheated) and a Radeon X1600 Pro I bought later (due to a factory defect).

The lines and cubes appeared first in textures on my 3D games. Halo was covered in blocky multicolored corrupted texture maps, and sometimes things even turned transparent. In other games, and eventually even Windows itself, the mouse cursor's texture resolved incorrectly until you swapped desktop styles out and in again. It was a garble of pixels.

So yeah, I'm pretty much convinced your problem is with the videocard itself. If you use it in an overheated computer, or maybe the reseller you got it from left the box in the sun too long, it'll screw up exactly like what you're describing.

1. Try updating your videocard drivers. (lmao)
2. Send your card back to whoever you bought it from and demand a replacement. It's "defective."
3. Buy a new card altogether.

That's all assuming you're actually using a card that's not your default onboard, of course.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 06:48:00 PM »
Or if it's a laptop. We are still waiting for the original poster to return.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 06:48:16 PM by GX1_Man »

Fuse

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 12:16:57 AM »
Yeah, the videocard's moot if the LCD's *censored* up. XD

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 01:57:44 PM »
And the thread is moot as he/she has yet to return with more info...

patio.   8-)
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "