Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Trouble opening display properties  (Read 2651 times)

globalpal_ooty

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • Computer Crazy
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Trouble opening display properties
« on: September 11, 2004, 11:01:11 AM »
Hi, I cannot open up the display properties on my computer.  Currently using windows98. When I right-click on the desktop and click Properties, I find that the mouse pointer changes to an hourglass for a few seconds and then doesn't open the context menu at all.  ??? The same problem may occur if I try to use the Display applet in the Control Panel.  I tried to edit the Registry "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Controls\Folder\ Display\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers".  Can anyone help to solve this problem and the value that i have to give. :)
Victor Solomon Raja

franksimari

Re: Trouble opening display properties
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004, 05:45:32 PM »
i had that sort of trouble...found it was an ad type bug.

look in your tmp or temp directory and see if anything is there and if you can delete it.

run a virus program

i think
you  have an interference with your windows program...you might have to re-install windows
BUT BACK UP FIRST and get your driver files to a place other than the windows directory.  if you are not absolutely sure how to do this, find someone who does