Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows media player HELP!  (Read 2731 times)

jessfishy21

Windows media player HELP!
« on: September 13, 2006, 11:14:05 AM »
I have had problems with media player for ages, it always crashes and even makes the computer crash completely as well. I've tried all the fixes on the microsoft website and none of them work! HELP! :-?

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Windows media player HELP!
    « Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 11:22:58 AM »
    Need...more...info ( gasp  :P )

What version of WMP are you using?  :-? / Operating System / Hardware, etc.

Did it ever work?  What changed?

Alan <><  :D

I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

jessfishy21

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 11:27:55 AM »
    Okay well i started with 9 then that started crashing so i upgraded to 10 to try and fix it, but that did the same! So then I removed it completely and started again with 9, and so on...

It worked when I first got the computer like 5 years ago but I can hardly remember the last time it did work. It just goes really slowly then freezes the whole computer.

Urm what do you mean by Hardware and Operating System? Sorry, not so good with the technical terms!

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 05:49:12 PM »
    Do you have a real Windows CD to reinstall with, if you choose to go that way? A lot of garbage can accumulate in 5 years that can cause problems as you describe.

Demache

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 08:45:06 PM »
    Maybe your computer is too old? Sometimes your comp doesn't have enough cpu power.

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 06:18:55 AM »
    We are still waiting to hear what version of Windows is involved.  ::)

Without providing the information asked for, all you can hope for is a lot of guessing. That doesn't solve problems and I am not interested in that.

Your turn.

jessfishy21

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 02:19:29 PM »
    Sorry! Its XP and I did reinstall it. And the media player problem is solved, but now I keep getting things popping up when I'm connected to the internet telling me about errors and how I need to install their software to fix my computer. They are windows messenger dialog boxes, not pop ups.

Raptor

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 03:18:43 PM »
    Scan for Viruses and Spyware using AVG Free, Adaware SE and Windows Defender.