Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: BSOD keeps crashing computer somebody help plz...  (Read 8801 times)

fffreak

Topic Starter

Adviser

• That's right I am a final fantasy freak.
    • Yes
    • JSPCRepair
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
BSOD keeps crashing computer somebody help plz...
« on: December 03, 2006, 10:39:51 PM »
Ok My computer gives me the bsod about every 10min more/less. Bye the way I just got done doing a clean install and has been unplugged from internet since then, so I no there are no malware infections of any sort. I think it may be a hardware problem so here's my setup:

1. Celeron D 2.80Ghz
2. Corsair 400mhz 1gb ram
3. 500 watt power supply
4. seagate 300gb ide harddrive
5. p4m800 pro-m motherboard
6. using onboard integrated taking away 64mb video VIA/S3G unichrome pro IGP
7. Windows XP pro sp2

And one more question can overheating or dust cause the bsod? Because, I just use the fan that comes with the celeron processor and leave the case open, but it doesn't overheat and I try to keep it clean. And is there a certain way to put in RAM, I know there are two slots am I supposed to put it close to the processor or away becuase I only have one RAM stick?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 02:23:32 PM by fffreak »
Computers are the future, not us. Learn everything you can about them while you still can, soon they will be learning about us... Every bit of advice that I give you is best guess, it is your choice whether or not you listen to it.

GX1_Man

Re: BSOD somebody help plz...
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 04:12:41 AM »
The slot nearest the processor is the usual location. Make sure it is snugly in there and all fans are running.

What happened requiring the reinstall (other than it is Windows)?

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 09:34:16 AM »
Even though you leave the case open, I believe that does not necessarily provide sure evidence that temperature is not a problem.  In fact, I believe you may be getting less effective cooling this way than you would with a closed case with an effective cooling system working.  

I suggest you get a floor fan and point it at your open computer and see whether that makes a difference.

fffreak

Topic Starter

Adviser

• Yes
    • JSPCRepair
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 03:01:49 PM »
Could somebody please try to figure out why I get BSOD often plz? I am aware of the temp it stays around 27-28 C. I had re-installed windows xp pro sp2 becuase I thought maybe a buggy os installation or faulty drivers were the cause for the BSOD, but now I am not to sure.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 03:19:30 PM by fffreak »
Computers are the future, not us. Learn everything you can about them while you still can, soon they will be learning about us... Every bit of advice that I give you is best guess, it is your choice whether or not you listen to it.

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: BSOD keeps crashing computer somebody help plz
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 05:58:26 PM »
Well, double negatives surely scream out at me.

Have you already ran Memtest?

http://www.memtest86.com/

Welcome to Computerhope fffreak. :D
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 06:00:05 PM by street1 »
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 06:52:42 PM »
I juist have to ask if this is a legal CD of XP Pro that says Microsoft all over it?

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 07:18:36 PM »
    Need...more...info...gasp  :P

Antivirus & antispyware protection / service packs installed / when did it start happening / did it ever work right / installed any new software / hardware?

Alan <>< :-)
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

fffreak

Topic Starter

Adviser

• Yes
      • JSPCRepair
    « Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 01:59:42 AM »
    yes my windows xp is genuine and it cost me a pretty penny too. it has been happening just never as bad. Some of the hardware I already owned, I bought almost all of the hardware last year including the motherboard and the BSOD started off just happening every once in while, and I thought there was nothing to it. Now it has become a major pain :(.

Fed

• Sage
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 11:29:47 AM »
      What exactly does the BSOD say?

fffreak

Topic Starter

Adviser

• Yes
        • JSPCRepair
      « Reply #9 on: December 05, 2006, 02:16:20 PM »
      It is a stop error and it says at the top IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, and the rest of the memory dump. Sometimes it doesn't even show the BSOD the computer just flips into this black screen and it shows the mouse cursor, and of course it froze up because it doesn't except any input except for when I push the power button and it turns off immediately. When the error does not happen you would normally have to hold the button to power off.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
      (blahblahblah)
      then:

??? [STOP: 0x0000000A (0x000400DE, 0x000000FF, 0x00000000, 0x804EF42A)] ???
      then the rest memory dump info.
      « Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 02:28:54 PM by fffreak »

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2006, 02:46:35 PM »
        fffreak.... That error suggests it may well be either a hardware issue or a driver problem...... Have a read of the part that refers to the stop error after installing XP ....... ( applies to XP Pro as well)
        http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314063

dl65  ::)
        If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

fffreak

Topic Starter

Adviser

• Yes
          • JSPCRepair
        « Reply #11 on: December 05, 2006, 02:56:00 PM »
        Could anyone plz point me in the way of solving this issue. I kind of figured it was a hardware problem. I just wanted to hear someone else's point of view. I think it may be my graphic adapter. But how can that be When the motherboard was first purchased and put in place, the BSOD still gave me some problems just not as often. Would FRYs sell faulty motherboards???
        « Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 03:04:36 PM by fffreak »

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2006, 03:08:33 PM »
        FFF:

Try adding a video card to see if this corrects the problem.  If it does, your assumption that the video controller on the motherboard is to blame is correct.

fffreak

Topic Starter

Adviser

• Yes
          • JSPCRepair
        « Reply #13 on: December 05, 2006, 03:10:19 PM »
        Would the onboard VGA interfere with another Video card if I was to put one in???

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2006, 03:23:54 PM »
        It should not.  You might have to install drivers to get a better picture.  You might also have to disable the on-board video controller in the BIOS setup, but usually this is not necessary.