Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Movie Maker problem  (Read 2426 times)

laynie

Windows Movie Maker problem
« on: December 07, 2006, 11:29:02 PM »
I am trying to create a movie using Windows Movie Maker.  The movie is a combination of pictures, video and music plus effects, such as fade in fade out, etc.  Windows Movie Maker has captured all the pictures, video and sound, and the movie plays perfectly on the Window Movie Maker software.  It then stores it in a temp file on my computer which is Windows XP.  However, when I try to save the project to my hard drive in order to burn it to a DVD or CD, it will begin to save the project, but stops at 30% of the file.   I have been working with this for days.  I don't know why it stops saving and don't know what the problem is or how to correct it.  I am at a loss as to what to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
laynie

phoenix910

Hopeful

Re: Windows Movie Maker problem
    « Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 11:57:54 PM »
    It could possibly be a lack of RAM (unlikely), or a lack of hard-drive space. It could also be a corrupt file in there, but this is also unlikely. If this is a lack of hard drive space you can either choose to save it at a lower quality (via the custom quality option) which would also fix the ram problem, or get a removable drive of some sort and save it to that.

laynie

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 02:55:06 PM »
    Thank you for your reply.  We do have enough RAM and hard drive space.  The files that caused the system to hang up when saving were video clips someone took for us that we were incorporating into a project with pictures.  Finally, we tried saving the file in sections and then splicing them together and it worked!  We were able to burn the project to a DVD from the computer yesterday :)  It took two weeks of trial and error, but I am happy to say, we were successful.

phoenix910

Hopeful

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 03:46:34 PM »
      Thats good to hear