Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: whohelp!!!!  (Read 4337 times)

wangming

whohelp!!!!
« on: December 15, 2006, 07:06:35 AM »
Who can tell me the way how I can enter the linux system without the password?Thank you!

banjo67xxx

Re: whohelp!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 08:02:07 AM »
Login as root, and change it with
Code: [Select]
passwd yourusername
If you mean the root password, then what's the policy of this forum about answering questions which could help someone to hack into a computer they dont own?

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 08:31:28 AM »
We don't help with that, but as your are obviously new to Wangming, that would not be an issue anyway.

As a matter of fact, if you had not quoted the message in your reply, no one would have known that much.

I just deleted Proph's spam by the way.

wangming

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 08:34:25 AM »
I forgot my password! I install double systems in my computer! for a long time ,I have not entry into the linux,so .....

banjo67xxx

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 01:03:16 PM »
I had a quick look on google and within 0.19 seconds 9 of the first 10 links publicly reveal how to crack the root password, and your story sounds genuine enough. This technique cannot be used to hack into systems on the internet because you need physical access to the keyboard and CD drive anyway.

1a) Some versions of unix allow you to boot single user without needing the root password, so the first technique would be to add "single" or "1" to the linux boot options list for your unix partition.

When booted single user you might need to mount the root filesystem read/write, so find out what it is by looking at /etc/fstab or /etc/vfstab, then

mount -o remount,rw /dev/hd1a /replacing /dev/hd1a with whatever your boot device is

1b) If single user still needs a password, then boot from a rescue disk or knoppix

You'll need to identify the root filesystem, so take a look at the output from
fdsik -l
Then mount the root filesystem
mount -t reiserfs /dev/hda1 /mnt
2) Next you just edit out the password from the /etc/shadow file (or /mnt/etc/shadow if you mounted root on /mnt), or on some ditributions the password is in /etc/passwd.

Example before
root:x3FrTg6uYT7.:0:0:root:/:/bin/sh

and afterwards
root::0:0:root:/:/bin/sh

3) Finally after rebooting the system, if you still get prompted for a password just hit ENTER.

NB: There can be further complications if you are using software mirroring.
E.g. for Veritas Volume Manager mirroring on Solaris take a look at Sun Microsystem's SRDB 11828 (which I wrote when I worked there)

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 07:47:41 PM »
That ought to get ol' Wangming fixed up nicely.  

Take care, Wangster.  ;)