Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: F.E.A.R. Problem. Can you help?  (Read 3501 times)

imranahmad

F.E.A.R. Problem. Can you help?
« on: December 19, 2006, 11:03:15 PM »
hi,

I have been playing F.E.A.R for last 4 weaks and every thing goes fine but now at the 5th level speach problem is annoying me, also sound is good and well with no problem but the only thing is their speach, somtimes crachters are speaking but with no voice>:(. , so I have to enable subtitles. I have tried my best to solve the issue by changing speach and sound vloume etc. But to no avail. I dont know whats wrong :-?.

Please help me. :-[

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: F.E.A.R. Problem. Can you help?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 07:42:05 AM »
What are your system specs?
Sounds like a sound card problem - have you tried reinstalling your sound drivers?
Do other sounds work correctly?
I had a problem with FEAR sounds, but I don't have the game any more.  I never solved it.

imranahmad

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 02:46:53 AM »
What are your system specs?
Sounds like a sound card problem - have you tried reinstalling your sound drivers?
Do other sounds work correctly?
I had a problem with FEAR sounds, but I don't have the game any more.  I never solved it.

I have:  
AMD Athlon 3500+  
MSI-NEO 4 Platineum motherboard
512mb ddr ram
Geforce 7300 GT 256mb graphic card
80 Gb hard ID
Creative Live Blaster 5.1 PCI Sound Card
400W Supply

Yes I have reinstalled sound driver but the problem is still there. :-/ and my sound card is working 100%, there is not a single fault in it. I have been playing all other games with it they all run great with no sound issue. But in F.E.A.R. maybe its a bug or I dont know what is it.

Should I install the whole game again? Can I save my profile to my hard drive and can I paste my copied profile in the fresh installed F.E.A.R. game directory? May be it can solve the problem or I should reinstall my window xp? :-?

Please if you or if any one have the knowledge about the above matter, please reply me soon.

Thanks.

panboy

Adviser

• Its all just a twisted game of cat and mouse
    « Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 08:21:19 AM »
    i think it might be that you sound card it just a bit dated , i have a creative labs live 5.1 card as well it a great card but its not as powerfull as todays games want.

try changeing the sound settings turn off EAX and set the quity to medium or low
    Wields The Mighty Hammer of Computer Justice