Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Black Moniter Lines  (Read 3553 times)

Mike Hallo

Black Moniter Lines
« on: October 02, 2004, 07:47:04 PM »
Hi, my name is mike, i'm new to the site.  Well i had something happen to me today, and its really werid.  I was playing a game on the internet (quake) and before i was playing it was fine.  But when i got off there appeared to be small black lines that go across the screen on a white background.  For example, if i go into Microsoft word, and type a document, the screen looks fine.  But when i type something... a black line goes across the screen and gets darker with each key pressed.  The more you type, the darker it gets, and the bar is only as high as the text.  I've taken my video card out and cleaned it. and messed with the video card refresh rate, i dont know what it is.  Also, like on aol, the bright yellows and greens are so bright, that it hurts ur eyes to look at them.  If someone could help me it would be great.  I even tried going back a week with quick restore.  Thanks

Mike

merlin_2

Re: Black Moniter Lines
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2004, 01:14:30 AM »
what is your monitors refresh rate? type dxdiag  to test graphics...what ii your  operating system and ram used...

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2004, 02:41:34 AM »
Have you tested your monitor on another computer?

Ally Biggs

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2004, 09:18:07 AM »
If i was would i would just perform a system check in case you havent picked up something whilst playing Quake 2
could be a virus that is tweaking your settings or spyware