Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: computer just shuts off  (Read 3111 times)

William Skinner

computer just shuts off
« on: October 03, 2004, 09:26:25 AM »
i have just finished building my new comp and whenever i power up it goes through the first screen, and then goes on to the second screen and then says Verifying DMI pool data..........  then it enters down and says like realtek eithernet controller, then it says DHCP:  and to the left of DHCP: it has a status bar, and as the status bar gets to like 3-4 bars the whole comp just shuts off, i thought it might have to do with the DMI, but now im starting to think that it is hardware related.  Also on my mother board i have red plastic washers on each screw that connects the mother board to the case.

merlin_2

Re: computer just shuts off
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2004, 11:02:37 AM »
take out the nic card<real tek >and then boot it....it maybe irq problem? check the ramsticks are seated properly in their banks and are compatable to the mobo?  and just to rant why do people like seeing the bios...why not when booting a gif/jpeg image instead..?options open on views as to why people wish to see the bios screen on boot?when my pc boots is displays a nice image ;D ...not the bios screen..?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2004, 11:21:07 AM by merlin_2 »

shield

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2004, 11:07:46 AM »
how do you get it to show a jpeg? lol

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2004, 11:17:29 AM »
buy a washing-line ;D

shield

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2004, 11:19:46 AM »