Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: BIOS password reset HELP!  (Read 5246 times)

2broke2smoke

BIOS password reset HELP!
« on: January 12, 2007, 09:31:24 PM »
I have an OmniBook 6000 hp laptop... its ancient.  lets just put it this way... when the 3 year warranty on it expired in october or 2003.  now, it had windows 98, but i think only a trial version because after like 30 days it stopped working and told me i have to buy it, so it didnt come with windows. then i got lazy and left it sitting around for years, and then recently when i decided to install xp on it, or maybe linux, i turned it on and an "enter password" screen pops up as soon as you boot it.  now, i dont remember ever setting a password, but its possible i did years back or maybe someone just went on it when i didnt know and did it to piss me off...

does anyone know how to get in there and reset the password? i already tried to taking it apart and removing the little battery on the motherboard, but that did not work, even after letting it sit for ten minutes.  any other ideas?

stones

Re: BIOS password reset HELP!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 09:42:00 PM »
Hmmmm, thinking............

AHA!

Ok listen closly this is important.

first get a bottle of rubbing alcohol or lighter fluid
then a fast car and a friend to help

No take the laptop and hop in the car, have your buddy drive.

Get up to about 70mph

pour the lighter fluid or alcohol on the keyboard

now when you are getting near a large hiway sign take out a lighter and set the laptop on fire

now throw it at the sign!

BOOM!!

good times, good times....

LOL!!
Ok seriously I dont know other than taking out the harddrive and reformatting it to get rid of the original security stuff.
GX1 should be along soon to give you a better answer.

2broke2smoke

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 10:06:14 PM »
lmfao, thnx for the help.  no, i think the password is set in the motherboard, like, in the BIOS or w/e, so you need to do some fancy crap in order to get it deleted... all this stuff is tearin my brain apart... it seems like once you buy new electronics, you spend the next however long you keep that certain electronic device fixing it and trying to keep it running, before it totally dies on you and the warranty is expired... lol.

2broke2smoke

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 11:09:32 PM »
blargh... where is someone who can help me?! lol

Crafty

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 04:33:02 AM »
I suggest you read this link (below)

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000235.htm

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 06:29:30 AM »
If it is a BIOS password on a laptop you are probably SOL. It is not like resetting it on a desktop. It requires a motherboard change usually. You should contact HP for details. Here are some links to research it further:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=omnibook+6000+bios+password