Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Starting a forum  (Read 9238 times)

Damnation

Re: Starting a forum
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2007, 02:24:29 AM »
Thx alot guy! I'm currently at work, but I'll try that as soon as I get home  :)

Regards

Damnation

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2007, 03:41:21 AM »
Sorry for bothering again, but could you tell me what I need plz. I went here http://www.dyndns.com/services/dns/ but I dont exactly know what to pick?

fffreak

Adviser

• That's right I am a final fantasy freak.
    • Yes
    • JSPCRepair
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2007, 06:38:47 AM »
Well do you have a static IP? If not choose the dynamic dns. If you do have a static IP than choose static dns.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 06:39:18 AM by fffreak »
Computers are the future, not us. Learn everything you can about them while you still can, soon they will be learning about us... Every bit of advice that I give you is best guess, it is your choice whether or not you listen to it.

Damnation

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2007, 07:12:39 AM »
Static IP, as in my home ip address? Ok well duh, obviously haha

Thx again. I'll post back with my results

fffreak

Adviser

• Yes
    • JSPCRepair
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2007, 01:58:23 PM »
Are you sure it is static, who is your isp.
Computers are the future, not us. Learn everything you can about them while you still can, soon they will be learning about us... Every bit of advice that I give you is best guess, it is your choice whether or not you listen to it.

Damnation

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2007, 05:08:41 AM »
Ok my setup. My neighbour has DSL, he uses an cisco router which only gives 5 ip's. He put up an gateway, so that we dont have to struggle with only 5 ip's.

But its fine, I thought to myself, my pc wont be on during the day, so, I just went to no-ip.org and created an domain for myself and my neighbour gave me ftp access and I uploaded my phpBB package. Now we just have to get the database going and everything should be fine. He's got one pc running the whole time, so I'm using he's webserver, which should work out better I think.

I'll post back when everything's up and running. Thanks a lot for all your help, much appreciated!  :)

Regards

fffreak

Adviser

• Yes
    • JSPCRepair
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2007, 02:50:32 PM »
If you have any trouble getting MySQL or PHP to work, just let us know ;). And just to add another thought why not check out this forum YaBB. Perl is easier to install than PHP, plus you don't have to use a database for YaBB.

8-)fffreak
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 02:52:24 PM by fffreak »

fffreak

Adviser

• Yes
    • JSPCRepair
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2007, 08:01:50 AM »
And he has gone missing......