Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: GTA Vice City Unhandled exception  (Read 10195 times)

glynjedwards

GTA Vice City Unhandled exception
« on: October 07, 2004, 02:23:59 PM »
Hi,

I recently bought Vice City for the PC and after I installed it, I was pretty pissed off to find that every time I try to start a new game it would go to the first screen then stop with a window popping up in the background saying:

Unhandled Exception c0000005 at address 004103bd

I'm currently running a Athlon XP2600+ on XP Pro with 256mb of RAM and a 128mb Geforce4 440MX graphics card.

What on earth is this unhandled exception and how do i fix it????? I have all the recommended hardware requirements the game asks for!!!!  >:(  ???

Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 02:24:20 PM by glynjedwards »

Raptor

Re: GTA Vice City Unhandled exception
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 11:15:09 PM »
This may be related:

How to fix a fatal exception error

I suggest you contact Rockstar technical support or search for a dedicated GTA forum.

merlin_2

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 01:05:31 PM »
typical winxp gta runs ok on winme...this may help>http://www.gtagaming.com/installmods.php

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2004, 01:47:00 AM »
GTA 3 and GTA : Vice City work fine on Windows XP Home here, Merlin..

glynjedwards

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2004, 03:57:34 AM »
Hi,

I've tried that Mod manager and that just to see if it would work but alas I still have the same problem. I've done many a search over the past few days and it seems like a common error. I received a 512mb stick of RAM today to take my total system RAM to 768mb so see if that helps at all when I get home later.

I really hope to get this game going. Another thing that I found strange though was that I tried to install the v1.1 patch but when you run it to change the .exe file in the Vice City folder it says that the gta-vc.exe file is invalid or something (I can't remember the correct word) and that the patch was not installed. Strange. I've got the original game disks and that. Hmmmmmm...........

Thanks for your help so far. Any more ideas????

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2004, 07:03:55 AM »
Visit a dedicated Vice City forum.