Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Dynamic Navigation  (Read 3064 times)

touchstone57

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    Dynamic Navigation
    « on: February 12, 2007, 10:51:48 AM »
    Hi there.

Im currently making a website in my spare time. Im trying to create a navigation bar but lack knowledge in java and image editing.

The center of it should look like this.

Then im hoping to have navigation buttons (links) on each side, when you scroll over them with the mouse they light up *dynamic buttons*. This Is want I want anyway. Advice on how I might achieve this would be appreciated.

Thanks
    « Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 10:52:39 AM by touchstone57 »

fffreak

Adviser

• That's right I am a final fantasy freak.
      • Yes
      • JSPCRepair
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Dynamic Navigation
    « Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 02:00:06 PM »
    It's not just Java you can do this with, you should try flash. Flash is alot easier to develop that sort of dynamic content.

8-)fffreak
    Computers are the future, not us. Learn everything you can about them while you still can, soon they will be learning about us... Every bit of advice that I give you is best guess, it is your choice whether or not you listen to it.

touchstone57

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      « Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 03:36:49 PM »
      But er, what exactly do I need to do this? any particular programes? are there any templates I could use? my graphical ability is limited, I have macromedia fireworks but cant use it that well

fffreak

Adviser

• That's right I am a final fantasy freak.
        • Yes
        • JSPCRepair
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 03:52:02 PM »
      You can download one >here<, you can design your own >here<. Or you could make a "homemade" menu, but that will take some coding. If you need anymore help use Google.

8-)fffreak
      « Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 03:52:33 PM by fffreak »
      Computers are the future, not us. Learn everything you can about them while you still can, soon they will be learning about us... Every bit of advice that I give you is best guess, it is your choice whether or not you listen to it.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
        • Me
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 03:28:00 AM »
      Fireworks is actually a pretty good tool for this kind of job, because it can create all the relevant javascript for this to make it an HTML + javascript action navigation bar.  No Flash or Java needed.

I strongly recommend that you follow the excellent tutorials that come with the standard Fireworks install - they will greatly enhance what you do with this top quality web design tool.
      Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos