Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unable to connect after SP2 install  (Read 3313 times)

Blookah

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Don't Stop Believin'!!
    Unable to connect after SP2 install
    « on: March 09, 2007, 11:11:44 AM »
    I installed Service Pack 2 and I am no longer able to connect to the internet. I have already reloaded drivers for my NIC card and have gone to the Command Prompt to try and renew the IP address. When I try to renew I get a message saying that it cannot read the IP address. I have entered the IP's manually from my ISP with no luck. Everything in Device Manager says I'm working properly but it isn't. This is also not a hardware or virus issue. What could be causing this problem? I am in a very time sensitive situation and need help ASAP. I have borrowed a laptop to hopefully find a solution so assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you,
    BG
    « Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 12:57:44 PM by Blookah »
    Thank you,
    Blookah

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: Unable to connect after SP2 install
      « Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 08:32:31 PM »
      What address do you get with you type 'ipconfig' at a command prompt / tried turning off the firewall that is now enabled with SP2 / tried booting into Safe Mode and see what happens.

Alan <><  :D
      I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!