Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Links do not work ........  (Read 3195 times)

LBennett

Links do not work ........
« on: March 18, 2007, 07:38:54 AM »
have access to the internet... I can get on search, type in pages, and use my favorites.  My problem is... I can't click on ANY links for either IE or Firefox... just takes me to a "Unable to connect" page..... every time.. I have to manually type in the web page.. or copy and paste it.  I have tried using default settings, changing settings.. uninstalling and re-installing....

I'm using Windows XP, all versions of XP, IE and Firefox are current.

I share internet with my dad we use DSL... nothing has changed, no settings have been messed with. Both  computers have been scanned for virus' and spyware and nada.

Short of reformatting I'm stuck ...

:-?

tomshope

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Re: Links do not work ........
    « Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 04:18:08 PM »
    Try this, Go to Start, Run and type in "regsvr32 urlmon.dll" (without the quotes). Click OK when done and if a message pops up that says "DllRegisterServer in urlmom.dll succeeded," the problem should be fixed. If that still doesn't work, try typing in the following commands in the Run box:
    - Shdocvw.dll
    - Msjava.dll
    - Actxprxy.dll
    - Oleaut32.dll
    - Mshtml.dll
    - Browseui.dll
    - Shell32.dll
    One of these options should solve the link problem you are experiencing and you can enjoy link freedom once again!