Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: music on my web page  (Read 5895 times)

jimbetsie

music on my web page
« on: October 14, 2004, 09:42:23 AM »
I have a free geocities web page as a Tribute to my newly pass Mother and I would like to put American Indian Flute music on it.I tried all I could think up but still have no music.I'm no web master so it can't be too dificult. I would also put a link to a page that I can delete entries or have them deleted automaticly after a certtain amount of time can you help me or suggest something I can do

Joleen

Re: music on my web page
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 11:07:35 AM »
What entries is it you want to delete?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2004, 11:07:55 AM by Joleen »

Corrosive

Re: music on my web page
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 02:09:23 PM »
The music bit is pretty straightforward. The best way to do this is to allow the user to download the music by clicking on a link. You do this in the normal way, except instead of linking to a HTML file, you link to your music file instead.

If you want it playing in the background, I can't really help you. I've never even bothered to learn how to do this because I feel it's incredibly tacky. But, each to his/her own... www.webmonkey.com

For the second part, I fear we are going into server-side scripting territory. It can be pretty complicated stuff if you aren't familiar with any programming languages, and I doubt your Geocities space supports this anyway.

If you are serious about this, then firstly go back to www.webmonkey.com and find out about server-side scripting, and then find out if Geocities supports PHP, ASP, Coldfusion etc. If they don't, you'll either need to shell out some cash for 'proper' webspace or just not bother with it.

Sorry 'bout that.  :-/