Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: deleting adware messes up my internet connection  (Read 4332 times)

wommie

deleting adware messes up my internet connection
« on: October 21, 2004, 10:18:45 AM »
Yesterday i deleted some adware from my computer using lavasofts ad adware. I then realised that internet explorer could no longer connect to the net. I rolled the system settings back using system restore and was able to connect to the net again, tried deleting them again but the same thing happened.

has anyone had the same problem and/or know how i can get rid of the spyware without messing up my internet connection.

if it helps the spyware being deleted was:-
whagent, 180solutions, barginbuddy and a few more i cant remember.

any help would be appreciated.

Raptor

Re: deleting adware messes up my internet connecti
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2004, 10:22:01 AM »
Properly configure Adaware. Refer to the help file if you wish to configure Adaware.

reddnz

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 03:19:03 AM »
Otherwise, if you still have those files quarantined in adaware, restore them and one by one go back through and delete them seperately to find the exact file that is causing the problems. Its time consuming especially if you have many files that were quarantined but can be fixed. Ive had similar problems with my entire system slowing right down. Get back to us in here with the culprit if you find it.

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2004, 02:47:11 PM »
and run this>http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/   i would recommend spysweeper from webroot.com

MalikTous

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2004, 07:02:35 PM »
Er... is this Earthlink? This ISP dabbles with adware (not actually spyware, but close) in an attempt to keep the rates down. Yank the spyware or adware one at a time, you'll find that one of them is vital...