Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Not able to start up in my own account  (Read 2093 times)

Amy

Not able to start up in my own account
« on: April 27, 2007, 03:50:56 AM »
Hi Y'all,

I've got a serious problem here. My puter (on windows XP) froze (didn't even respond to ctrl-alt-del) so I restarted it. After typing in my password, up popped a little window telling me windows was unable to load the local profile (I have to translate what it really says into english so on the english versions something else would have been mentioned). It says I don't have the rights to get into my own account and, after a timer of some 30 seconds has counted down, I am being logged in with a temporary profile. From this temporary profile I am unable to get unto ANY of my word or excel files nor my pictures or my explorer favourites or just about anything that is a personal file.

Could anyone please help me with this?

Questions coming up are..
does those 30 seconds give me time to push a certain button to get me into a recoverysystem or such?
Could I change my own account (the puter really has just the one account) from the temporary one I am being pushed into?
or would I have to hack my own account.. and if yes, how?

From the DOS prompt I can see that all my files still exist.. just can't find a way to get into them..

Any help really appreciated!!!

Amy

GX1_Man

Re: Not able to start up in my own account
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 04:25:35 AM »

Amy

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 08:16:58 AM »
Hi,

I tried it and all went well untill I hit enter after confirming that I wanted to replace the owner rights.

The puter replied with something that would sound like: "There has been a mistake during the use of securityinformation on *name file*. This security ID may not be provided as the owner of this object."

Got any more ideas please? I can see there are more options around these security issues, but since I have no clue about the effects if I would just play around with them trying my luck, and my files are really really way too valuable to loose, I don't dare try them.

Amy

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 02:18:04 PM »
Hi,

Stop thinking, it's solved!

I set the settings for my system back to how to were last month and that did the trick (did it from safe mode)

Hope this information can still be usefull to someone else - aw how it sucks to loose your information! Take it from me: make back-ups! (and give your loved ones a hug a day!

Bye bye me is one happy little girly now! yeah yeah

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 02:40:49 PM »
That was the next suggestion. Glad you are all fixed up and thanks for posting back.