Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: internet gateway incoming connections  (Read 2953 times)

nestoribio

internet gateway incoming connections
« on: April 27, 2007, 11:19:59 PM »
Hi everyone:
We have a quite old PII/350Mhz 256Mb RAM computer with Windows 2000 Server (automatic updated) paid AVG connected full time to Internet using an ADSL service which gives 5 ip addresses. A late friend  :( configured it with a couple of modems and the only use of that machine is to serve as Internet gateway for two users who connect via the after mentioned modems receiving always a real ip (one of the 5).
The system and configuration worked perfect for years until last week when service provider decided to change ip addresses.
I was able to change the computer's ip and it surfs the internet using any of the new 5 ip.
Then I tried to change the ip the machine serves to the remote modem users and I thought that changing at incoming connections will be fine. But remote users continue to get the old /useless ip.
I need help how to change to the new ones.
Thanks in advance
NB

viking

Adviser
  • miaow-miaow 2.0 for networks
    Re: internet gateway incoming connections
    « Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 07:49:48 AM »
    You have DHCP and NAT activated. You have to make changes there. I would check NAT settings first (on the "old computer" with Windows 2000).