Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: drive c has no label volume serial number 1d36-11eb....HELP!!!!  (Read 21680 times)

3deizzie

when i turn pc on it goes to DOS screen and says:drive c has no label  volume serial number 1d36-11eb.  I dont know how to remedy this.   Any help is greatly appreciated.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: drive c has no label volume serial number 1d36-11eb....HELP!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 08:28:55 PM »
No remedy neccessarily needed...most drives operate fine without a volume label.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

3deizzie

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 09:54:47 PM »
the things is , is I still cannot get windows to start.  goes to command prompt... you know..black screen that shows c:\>

alca

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 12:40:55 AM »
when i turn pc on it goes to DOS screen and says:drive c has no label  volume serial number 1d36-11eb.  I dont know how to remedy this.   Any help is greatly appreciated.

Try this: 'c:' or what ever volume you know is there. then try running 'win'. Example: 'c:' 'win' or 'd:' and then 'windows'(if you have your installation on d:)
if your volume doesnt have a name, it's no deal, but if it's got no drive letter, it can get worse. try renaming the volume(if that doesnt change anything on or with the partition)

if this doesnt work, you might wanna check if a volume containing windows is installed in your system at all :P

contrex

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 06:30:17 AM »
Problem solved elsewhere. Poster made duplicate posts in DOS and Windows sections. Poster omitted to state that computer is a freshly acquired used computer. Dealer or previous owner has removed Windows, as is the normal correct legal procedure.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 05:02:12 PM »
AHAAA ! !

Thanx.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

GX1_Man

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 09:32:35 AM »
It is nice to have all of the relevant information up front.