Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: BSOD then restart.....  (Read 1834 times)

cwchute

BSOD then restart.....
« on: May 04, 2007, 05:48:40 AM »
I replaced my mobo. BIOS setup went ok. Running WinXP Pro. It starts to load, get a flash of a BSOD, then the system restarts before I get a chance to read one word on the BSOD. Can't address the bsod if I can even read it.

So, how do I stop the computer from restarting, so that I can read the error message?

Sorry, unsure if this is a windows issue or a hardware issue.....

Thanks in advance.....

Raptor

Re: BSOD then restart.....
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 05:53:24 AM »
Reinstall Windows. Can't work with different Mobo's.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: BSOD then restart.....
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 04:19:12 PM »
Repair Install of XP

I suggest printing this out; reading it twice before proceeding and if you do everything correctly your data will be intact.

After this you will need to install all your MBoard drivers and drivers for any add-on cards and devices you have.

Once finished with that you will need to go online with the Mothership and DLoad and install SP2 and any critical updates since then.

Then run all your malware scans, defrag and disk cleanup and you should be good to go...

Sounds like alot but this beats re-installing every thing and starting from scratch.

p.s. You might also have to re-register XP with the Mothership since more than one major component has changed in your system so have your info ready.

Isn't Windows Fun ? ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "