Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I need help with computer monitor  (Read 2006 times)

dan49442

I need help with computer monitor
« on: May 20, 2007, 06:14:03 PM »
I just went and bought a new monitor for $100 because my old one burned up. Im wondering how. It was  a 19in mitsubishi CRT made in 1998. For the past month it had been making strange "clicking" noises like spikes or something. It would flash the screen and get dark too sometimes. I hit the degauss button frequently to fix this but most of the time it still did the same thing. Then earlier today i was on my computer and it started doing that again and when i hit degaus i heard multiple sharp clicking noises and my screen flashed then went black. I smelled something like burnt rubber so i was afraid i had fried it. I pulled out the power cord. The room smelled bad so i opened the window  and took it outside. Unfortaneltyy it had burned up and i want ot know why it was doing this and why it melted when i hit degaus? any ideas?

Hoop2077

Re: I need help with computer monitor
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 01:01:29 AM »
Now when you say new.  Do you mean new, or new to you.  Was it dirty inside you think?

Hoop2077