Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cannot Open C Drive  (Read 5191 times)

tara0801

Cannot Open C Drive
« on: May 25, 2007, 10:44:53 AM »
I was adding music to my MP4 player. Now, I cannot open my C drive. I go into my computer. When I double-click the C drive, it asks me "which program do I wan't to open the file in". When I right click the c drive, Open and Play are both in chinese writing.

I can go to explorer and open up my c drive, but I can't from My Computer. I ran ad aware, I tried to restore, but nothing seems to work. There is no autorun in my c drive. I have no idea. I hope this is an easy problem. Please help. Thank you.

maddog_326

Re: Cannot Open C Drive
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 10:54:39 AM »
Did you try restarting your computer?

tara0801

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 10:58:20 AM »
Hi, every time I tried to fix it, I would restart my computer, but unfortunately, it still doesn't open when I double click it.

maddog_326

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 11:02:58 AM »
.....Did you try going to my computer and right click on your cd drive drive and click on eject?

tara0801

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 11:08:21 AM »
Hi, I disconnected my MP4 player, I ejected my cd drive, I restarted, but my C drive still won't open. It still asks me to choose  program to open with.

tara0801

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 12:15:48 PM »
I went into Add/Remove Programs and deleted just about every program I don't use or was unfamiliar and rarely used. Don't know which program I deleted in order to make it work, but it worked.  Now, it's doing it again. I double click the c drive and it asks me which program it wants to open up with. I ran all spy programs and ad awares, but they don't seem to find anything. Any suggestions..
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 07:08:01 PM by tara0801 »

tara0801

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 07:11:31 PM »
I ran all the system scans in Safe Mode and restarted my computer, but it still didn't help.

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 08:35:20 PM »
Have you tried going to safemode by tapping F8

and choosing"Last Known Good Configuration?

Do you understand what I mean?
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

tara0801

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 07:06:49 AM »
I tried but it still doesn't open

crazy_protocol

Rookie
    « Reply #9 on: May 26, 2007, 07:48:49 AM »
    Your MP4 player must have been infected with virus before. first try to remove unnecessary file from your player.
    1. Go to tools -> folder option ->View
    2. Click on Show Hidden files and folder button
    3. uncheck hide protected operating system files (RecommendeeA)

You can see some files and folders  like setup.ini, system volume information. delete all files which u haven't copied there.

for the case of C drive, you can click right button key of mouse and click on open or explore. also try to delete unknown extension files

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #10 on: May 26, 2007, 08:54:11 AM »
    Your MP4 player must have been infected with virus before. first try to remove unnecessary file from your player.

You can see some files and folders  like setup.ini, system volume information. delete all files which u haven't copied there.

for the case of C drive, you can click right button key of mouse and click on open or explore. also try to delete unknown extension files

This is poor advice at best...deleting system files or files that someone doesn't recognise is no way to repair a system...

Do not take this advice.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

contrex

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2007, 10:28:20 AM »
    This is poor advice at best...deleting system files or files that someone doesn't recognise is no way to repair a system...

Do not take this advice.

At best... It's more like mischievous incitement to system destruction. Maybe crazy_protocol needs watching carefully.

crazy_protocol

Rookie
      « Reply #12 on: May 27, 2007, 01:04:49 AM »

Do not take this advice.

I had the same problem before and I sloved it from this method

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #13 on: May 27, 2007, 09:42:23 AM »

Do not take this advice.

I had the same problem before and I sloved it from this method

It doesn't matter ...we're talking about someone else's machine here.
      And i'd say that if this actually worked for you then you got extremely lucky.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

tara0801

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2007, 07:39:24 AM »
      I probably ran every spyware program out there, hoping it would help.  My computer is running fine. My c drive still won't open though. The only way I can get to my c drive is by clicking start, open.  It's so frustrating.