Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Pagemaker 6.52, Epson 4800 Stylus Printer, Windows XP Pro SP2  (Read 2594 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Having an issue with either software or hardware and trying to print projects in Pagemaker 6.52 to a Epson 4800 Stylus Wide Format Color Printer through use of Windows XP Pro SP2 computer.

Project is small in size and when sending it to the printer and you have the printer properties open you see the job spool the 2 pages then disappear as it would if the task printed. This is the only printer on the network, so it is not printing elsewhere. And sometimes documents print ok and other times they do not. There is no one detail that can attribute to the issue I am seeing which is why I posted this, because I am puzzled by it.

If you reboot the printer and computer the problem still exists. If you go out to Epsons web site and download and install the latest drivers including trying the post script driver, it still acts up.

And ocasionally you send a job to the printer it seems like its not going to print it and so you click print 5 minutes later, and it starts to print, ... but both the prior and current print job to the same sheet of paper or not at all.

Called Epson and they ran me through a diagnostic which came up fine and when printing other than Pagemaker documents they all print fine.

Called Adobe and paid $200 for 12 months support contract for Adobe Pagemaker 6.52 and they said that Pagemaker 6.52 is not supported by Windows XP Pro and suggested downgrading to Windows 2000 SP4.

Cant downgrade to Windows 2000 because user has software that requires Windows XP environment, including Shadow Copy functionality in case they accidentally delete a file, they can retrieve it even if it is not in recycle bin.

So I am looking for any suggestions or tricks on how to get this to operate correctly. It seems like all 3 companies Microsoft, Epson, and Adobe are pointing the finger at the other as to why I have this problem, and the only one admitting  that there could be a problem is Adobe suggesting that they do not support Windows XP with Adobe Pagemaker 6.52.

Thanks for your suggestions...

Dave ??? ??? ???