Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Ethernet Controller problem in XP Pro installed in ACER Aspire desktop  (Read 7446 times)

Carl_Padrez

Topic Starter

Rookie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    I installed Windows XP Pro SP2 in an brand new ACER Aspire T180 (desktop) which came to me with Vista Home installed. I downloaded and installed all drivers sugested by Acer for this case, and everything works fine but the Ethernet Controller. So I have no Internet at all.

Windows, which says this controller is installed but not working properly, cannot repair it, cannot find a solutions in the XP Pro CD, and suggests I look for it in Internet. Great!

Whenever I try to resintall the LAN Driver where ths Ethernet driver is (gSetXP.exe) I got the message "Setup 48 v1.8.41116 -- Driver KKinstalled, please reboot!", and the OK option below. I assume that if I hit on that 'OK' my PC will restart. But no, when I hit nothing happens.

I found in this link (translated version)

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://forum.telecharger.01net.com/ordinateurindividuel/materiels_achat_configuration_pannes/autres_peripheriques/controleur_ethenet__pour_acer_t180_ne_fonctionne_pas-1990/messages-1.html&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dacer%2Bpronet%2Bgbe%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

the complete description of my problem and a possible solutions that doesn't work in my case. The forum this links becomes to is in French, a language i don't speak, so I cannot submit my problem there.

Can anybody help?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    I would travel to Acer's site and grab an XP specific driver for that controller.

Make sure to uninstall the Vista one first.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Carl_Padrez

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
      Thanks, Patio. I already did that. Found the specific module for Ethernet only, downloadaed and isntalled but the results was the same.

Regarding Vista, I format the entire disk before installing XP Pro.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      To prevent further frustration i would just buy a new NIC card and install it's drivers...

They're pretty reasonable.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Carl_Padrez

Topic Starter

Rookie
      • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
        Yes, it looks reasonable. Thanks.