Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: "NTLDR is Missing"..../cry  (Read 2831 times)

damissus

"NTLDR is Missing"..../cry
« on: June 29, 2007, 04:36:45 AM »
ok...I am in serious of need of educated advice Please:)
Recently deleted my Temp internet files * history & when complete I noticed in the background that my desktop no longer had any icons other than My Computer etc...none of the added* applications.  So I (being the uneducated pc user that I am) figured I would restart in Safe mode*..only to realize once I had chosen restart that a Windows 2000 with winNT 4.0 has no Safe mode*...have attempted to put my husbands winxp spk2 disk in to at least get this boot file..I have tried & tried & can't get it to listen when I choose to boot from CD..just reverts back to the NTLDR is missing msg....what specs I do know of my PC are

Win 2000 & win NT 4.0
Intel Pentium 4 2.66 etc.
alot of expanded RAM
Custom built for gaming

any help would be further than I am now:)

Thanks in advance

The Saviour

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: "NTLDR is Missing"..../cry
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 07:40:57 PM »
Don't use your husband's XP CD to attempt to repair Win2K ...things will surely get worse.
Do you have a Win2K CD ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

damissus

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 10:21:06 PM »
nope...no Win2k cd...homemade by a friend that now lives far away & no longer in touch..should i buy a new 2k cd?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 06:26:36 AM »
Homemade is probably why it doesn't work properly and yes i would invest in the real thing.
Make sure you buy from a reputable vendor and if you are a student there are decent discounts on major software available at the school bookstores...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "